A summery of the major highlights of this presentation:
- Pokemon X/Y is getting a new type! Introducing Fairy! Sylveon is a Fairy-type Eevee evolution, but other Pokemon, such as Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, and Marill are being converted into Fairy types. Fairy types will be super effective against Dragon types, but what it is not effective or super effective against it has yet to be confirmed.
- Pokemon X/Y will be launching worldwide on October 12, 2013!
- Super Mario 3D World will allow you to play as Luigi, Peach, and Toad in addition to Mario. Each character will have their own unique abilities. Additionally, a new power-up will be introduced: Cat! The game will be available in December 2013.
- Mario Kart 8 has been announced for the Wii U! The game will feature anti-gravity mechanics, allowing your karts to drive on walls and on the underbelly of the tracks. Motorcycles are making a return for the game. The game is set for a Spring 2014 release.
- A collection of 2013 3rd Party games have been shown for the Wii U: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut, Disney Infinity, Just Dance 2014, Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure, Disney’s Planes, Skylanders SWAP Force, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Sonic: Lost World, and Watch Dogs.
- A collection of 2013 3rd Party games have also been shown for the 3DS: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Skylanders SWAP Force, and Sonic: Lost World.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has been announced for the Wii U! Vikings have invaded the country, and your goal is to fend them away. Dixie Kong is making a return as a playable character. It will be launching in November 2013.
- Monolith Soft’s newest game, X, was shown. The game will have a large-scaled open world. Human-shpaed robots will be a crucial element. The game is set for a 2014 release date.
- Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS has been officially revealed! The 3DS version will feature outlines to make the characters stand out more, while the Wii U version will take advantage of its HD graphical capabilities to make characters look much more stunning. New characters that have been revealed include the Animal Crossing Villager, Classic Megaman, and Wii Fit’s Exercise Trainer. Both games will be launching in 2014.