A summery of all the major things concerning this Nintendo 3DS-specific Nintendo Direct presentation:
– More details on the new Mario and Luigi: Dream Team were discussed.
– Mario Golf: World Tour was also discussed, but the majority of this game was on its wireless capabilities.
– A new Mario Party game was announced for the 3DS! There will be seven different game boards, each with its own unique set of rules. 81 minigames are set to appear in the game, and will make use of all of the major 3DS features, including AR games. Set to come out this Winter.
– New Super Luigi U is set to change up all of the stages found in New Super Mario Bros. U. This will be all downloadable content, all planned for a Summer 2013 release.
– Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was also detailed. New Mode will adjust the difficulty to better account for its portable experience. Additionally, Original Mode will give you virtually the same game found in the Wii version. 8 new levels have also been added, which equals to one new world, and can be accessed after beating the main game.
– A new Yoshi’s Island game for the 3DS was briefly announced, but more details are being set for later.
– The new Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move is set to bring the series into a series of 3D-based puzzles. As with previous Mario vs. Donkey Kong games, you’ll also be able to create and share your custom levels. Available May 9, 2013 on the 3DS eShop.
– The Wii U Spring System Update will be released next week. This update will decrease overall loading times, allow the exchange of data between two USB drives, and have improved background downloads. Also, you’ll be able to press the B button during the Wii U’s start-up to go directly to the Wii Menu. The Wii U Virtual Console will also be made available after the update.
– Wii U Panorama View will also come as a free demo next week.
– A new Pikmin type for Pikmin 3 has been revealed: Winged Pikmin. As the name suggests, Winged Pikmin fly.
– EarthBound is coming to the Wii U in both North America and Europe by the end of the year!
– Game and Wario was briefly detailed, and features some new changes to old games. Set to release on June 23, 2013 in both retail and downloadable flavors.
– A special SwapNote message is being planned to release in the future, in addition to special Swapnote messages depending on the games that you’ve played: Fire Emblem: Awakening, HarmoKnight, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and/or Dillon’s Rolling Ranger: The Last Ranger.
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf was detailed briefly, and a special 3DS XL bundle with a pre-installed bundle was revealed (the same one Japan got).
– The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons is set to release on May 30, 2013 for the 3DS eShop.
– Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is being set to be released on the 3DS in both North America and Europe! The game, however, won’t be released until 2014.
– Level 5’s Guild 02 game series are being set to release on the 3DS eShop.
– Shin Megami Tensei IV is set to include various bonuses, and will be release on July 16, 2013.
– The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past II has been announced! The game will feature A Link to the Past’s art style, but in 3D. Additionally, you can turn into a drawing that walks along the walls. The game is set to release at the end of this year. Also, for 3DS owners, you can watch a special video on the game on the eShop.